Design a poster and have it displayed nation-wide on digital screens as well as win some great prizes including an Art/Design tablet for the winner in each age category!
What to do
Create a portrait poster to persuade and inspire people to become more environmentally aware about climate change and/or to lead more environmentally-friendly lives.
- The first prize in each age category will receive the following prize:
8-10 yrs category – Wacom Cintiq 16 Creative Pen Display worth over £500
11-14 yrs category – Wacom Cintiq 22 Creative Pen Display worth over £800
15-18 yrs category – Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi with Apple Pencil
- The winning poster designs will also be displayed on digital screens around the UK during the COP26 Climate Change Conference between 1st and 12th November 2021.
- And the top 10 runners up in each age category will each receive an 18 pack of STABILO GREENcolours colouring pencils.
The judges have been selected to represent the following sectors and interests:
- The Environmental Not-for-Profit Sector
- Primary & Secondary Education
- Advertising & Media including the Out of Home advertising sector
Submit either a digital file or a clear photo of your artwork and complete the information required (name, school, age group, year group and email address) via the oodlesof.info/poster page by midday Thursday 15th October 2021.
The CAPC competition is only open to students in full-time education at school or sixth form college and is split into three age groups: 8-10 yrs; 11–14yrs and 15-18 years.
- We must receive entries for the competition by 12 midday Thursday 15th October 2021.
- Please don’t post your artwork to us, we’re only accepting digital files entries via the oodles.info/poster web page. We will be unable to return any artwork sent in by post.
- Artwork can be created digitally or by other means, but your entries must be supplied digitally.
- Artwork must be created in portrait format with the ratio of long edge to short edge of 16:9.
- Artwork can be supplied in the following file formats; PDF, JPG, PNG. The maximum acceptable file size is 5MB.
- When taking a photo of your artwork to send to us, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can result in distorted image colour/ appearance.
- We aim to inform all winners by midday Saturday 30th October 2021.
- All entrants must be under 19 and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Boomerang Ed Ltd reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the company’s control.
- This competition is open to all UK residents who are full-time school students aged between 8 and 18 years of age on the 31st of December 2021, except any employee of or person directly connected with Boomerang Ed Ltd and their immediate family members. Proof of age and school may be required.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Boomerang Ed must receive entries by 11:59am on Thursday 15th October 2021. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of Boomerang Ed.
- Boomerang Ed accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner and ten runners-up from each age category (8-10, 11-14 and 15-18 – ages as at 31 Dec 2021) will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
- The first prize in each age category will receive the following prize: 8-10 yrs category – Wacom Cintiq 16 Creative Pen Display worth over £500; 11-14 yrs category – Wacom Cintiq 22 Creative Pen Display worth over £800; 15-18 yrs category – Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi with Apple Pencil. Ten runners-up in each age category will receive an 18 pack of STABILO GREEN colours colouring pencils. The prizes will be sent to the winners and runners-up by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from Boomerang Ed that they have won.
- The winners and runners-up will be notified by email (using the details provided at entry) within 15 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal and/or email address to claim their prize. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to Boomerang Ed within 21 days of being notified by Boomerang Ed, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner or runner-up will be selected from the other applicants. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Boomerang Ed reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary. The winner’s name will be published on the Boomerang Ed and Oodlesof.info competition websites depending on age category.
- Boomerang Ed reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that Boomerang Ed may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- Boomerang Ed Ltd (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Boomerang Ed Ltd (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of Boomerang Ed, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify Boomerang Ed (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- Boomerang Ed Ltd reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph/ video in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
Tips to design a digital poster
- Make sure your message is clear.
- Remember your poster is all about inspiring people to become more aware about climate change and/or to lead more environmentally-friendly lives.
- Text should be short and simple.
- Make sure your text is clear and large enough to be read easily and quickly. Your poster will only be on screen for 10 seconds.
- Double check your spelling.
- Don’t put any text too close to the edges of the design, leave some room around the edge.
- Use bright and bold colours which will stand out.
- Be careful not to use too many different colours or your poster could appear too busy.
- Make sure colours you use aren’t too similar, it’s important your text stands out from any colours you use.
- Any images used should be clear/not blurry and eye-catching.
- Remember images should help support any text you use.