Spook-Tacular Writing Competition
Can you write a ghost story?
- The Young Writers Ghost Stories Competition is a creative writing competition open to writers of all ages.
- Whether you’ve written a spine-chilling tale packed full of suspense, or a ghostly story that’s actually quite funny, Young Writers would love to read it!
- Ghost stories can be a maximum of 250 words.
- All successful stories will be published in a book alongside other spooky tales from budding storytellers!
- 11 & under category – 1st place: Pencil case jam-packed full of stationary
- 12 & above category – 1st place: Notebook and pen set
- This is an open competition. They continually edit entries, producing several anthologies throughout the year.
- Once you’ve written your ghost story, make sure that you include your name and age on the pupil entry form (scroll down to the ‘downloads’ section on the Young Writers website).
- Entries can be typed or handwritten on A4 paper.
- Send your entry to: Ghost Stories, Young Writers, Remus House, Peterborough PE2 9BF
- Alternatively, you can upload stories online.