Young Geographer of the Year Competition
See the potential that Geography holds for you
- Young Geographer of the Year competition this year gives pupils the chance to explore all aspects of Geography and see the potential that Geography holds for you in the future.
- There are 4 different age categories which will decide whether you will create an A3 poster or an essay, detailing where geography can take you.
- All entries must clearly illustrate where geography can take you and adhere to the following criteria:
- Excellent attention to spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use of accurate geographical terminology throughout
- Clearly labelled and appropriately acknowledged sources, including diagrams, charts, maps, or images
- Accurate use of symbols, scales and keys, where appropriate
- Original and independently produced—class sets of identical entries will not be accepted
- If produced electronically, please use a minimum font size of point 10
- Deadline for all entries is Friday 18 October 2019 at 5.00pm.
- Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Due to the volume of entries, you will be contacted if you are successful.
- Head to the official website to download the competition guidelines, the entry form and the certificate of commendation.
- Submissions can be made by individual students or teachers.
- Entries will not be returned, so make photocopies if necessary.
- Entries should be posted directly to the Royal Geographic Society: Young Geographer of the Year Education Department, Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), 1 Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AR