World Challenge School Expeditions
Step ahead with World Challenge:
- World Challenge is the leading provider of life-changing school expeditions.
- Say yes when fate comes knocking. Maybe it’s your first time in the big wide world, slamming on some hiking boots or sleeping in a tent. Maybe you’re an adventure buff but you’ll be handling a new language, cooking for the crew, travelling and growing in confidence with a team.
- With more than 30 years’ of organising student trips abroad under their belts, they are perfectly equipped to create bespoke educational programmes, tailored to your team’s objectives.
- The expeditions are designed to help you develop important life skills:
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Global awareness
- Enhanced employment prospects
- School expeditions are arranged around 5 distinct phases:
- Planning & Preparation – student-led, from fundraising to fitness training and itinerary planning.
- Acclimatisation – you’ll get to grips with your new environment with an introductory trek or practical task.
- Trekking – drawing on your physical resources, you will work as a team, reaching remote and beautiful locations.
- Project – a rewarding phase, involving community or conservation work with World Challenge partners on the ground.
- Rest & Relaxation – a great chance to unwind and enjoy cultural and adventure activities, from visiting ancient temples to zip lining and white water rafting!
- Through the school expeditions programme, challengers are able to develop leadership, teamwork and decision-making skills while travelling abroad.
- Head to World Challenge’s socials or website to learn more about getting involved through your school, or solo.
- If you’d like more information on World Challenge expeditions, you can get in touch with the team here.