Speak Your Mind
ESU-Churchill Public Speaking Competition
- National Public Speaking Competition for Years 9-11: This is the biggest public speaking competition in the UK, with around 400 teams (each comprising a speaker, questioner and a chairperson).
- The different roles allow you to practise and excel in different skill sets, and the competition’s unique format, which pairs the speaker from one school with the chair and questioner of another, encourages quick thinking and relationship building.
- Enhance your speech writing, speaking and presentation skills and learn to think on your feet as you express your views on important topics persuasively in front of others.
- Compete in regional and national finals.
- £45 per team (up to two teams per school); subsidies and fee waivers available for schools with high FSMs and EAL
- First and second round heats run November to February, with the regional finals in late February/March.
- The grand final is in late April. Registration opens in late June/early July and closes in October each year.
- The closing date for registration for the 2019/20 competition is 31 October.
- Head to the website to register.