The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – DofE
Go the extra mile:
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award is the world’s leading youth achievement award.
- Young people can take an adventure through a range of programmes and activities in five areas: Volunteering,Skills, Physical, Expedition and a Residential.
- Help others in the community, develop new skills and make new friends.
- Push your personal boundaries, gain new skills and enhance your CV. A DofE Award can really give you the edge when you apply for college, university or a job.
- There are three progressive Award levels (Bronze- for those aged 14+ years, Silver – for those aged 15+ years and Gold – for those aged 16+ year.) The main differences between the three levels of programme you can do are the minimum length of time they take to complete, how challenging they are and the minimum age you can start. Head to the website for more info on levels and timescales.
- More than 1,800 organisations across the UK – including schools, colleges, universities, youth clubs, the Scouts and Guides, young offender institutions and businesses – help to run over 13,200 DofE centres. You’ll be supported by a DofE Leader who offers advice and encouragement throughout the programme. Everyone involved is focused on helping you have experiences that will help to shape your future.
- Find and contact your nearest DofE centre.
- Head to the website to see all the details about taking part in the DofE including costs and requirements.