Pagan Festivals of the British Isles
Interested in European literature?
- History – Folklore and Festivities – Pagan Festivals of the British Isles at Corn Exchange, Tunbridge Wells
- Anyone with an interest in European literature, literary forms and techniques and the Greek and Roman classics. The course is pitched at the general reader and the curious, and is intended to be light-hearted.
- The course is in 7 sections, each taking as its theme some aspect of literature found in both classical and more modern works.
- The themes will be Love Where You Live (Sense of time and place); The Good Life and the Golden Mean; The Wine-Dark Sea (Imagery); Rhetorical Flourishes; In Medias Res (How to Tell Action Stories); Carpe Diem (Making the Best of Life); Wine, Women, Men and Song.
- Gain insight into literary precedents, techniques and a sprinkling of classical philosophy.
- Starts 6th February 2020 – Ends 12 March 2020
- Duration 5 weeks
- Head to the website to book on to the course.