First things first: a qualifications overview
Whichever path you choose, it will no doubt involve academic study of some form, with the following GCSEs being compulsory:
- English (English Lit and English Lang or single English GCSE)
- Science (Core Science, Double Science, or Triple Science)
So what does an academic route involve?
- There is no set path as such but if you do decide to go down the academic route, it will tend to involve taking A levels after your GCSEs and then possibly a university course.
- On this pathway, you will probably study in a 6th Form college or college of further education at age 17/18 and then a university to study for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Degree qualifications can lead to a specific career such as medicine, teaching or law, or you might want to study them for their own sake. You can also choose to study more general subjects such as business studies, languages, history, art, etc.
Want to know more about the possible degree courses available to you? UCAS is one source to check out some degree courses available in the UK.